GENEX Privacy Statement for Colorado, Connecticut and Virginia
In addition to your rights in the GENEX Privacy Statement, Virginia, Colorado, and Connecticut laws provide for additional rights for their consumers. If you are a resident of any of these states, the enumerated rights below shall apply to you. In general, you have the right to request a description of the categories and specific pieces of Personal Data we have collected and the categories of Personal Data about you that we may disclose for a business purpose to third parties, along with a description of the categories of third parties that may receive that Personal Data. You have the right to opt out of certain sharing of Personal Data with third parties for targeted advertising purposes. We do not sell your Personal Data.
You also have the right to request that we correct or delete Personal Data about you that we have collected from you. Personal Data that is needed to complete a transaction, provide goods or services you requested, perform our contract(s) with you, or that was reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or that we can otherwise retain under applicable law, may not be deleted.
Privacy Rights under the Colorado Privacy Act, “CPA” (Effective July 1, 2023), the Connecticut Data Privacy Act, “CTDPA” (Effective July 1, 2023), and the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act, “VCDPA” (Effective January 1, 2023)
Under each of the CPA, CTDPA and VCDPA, Colorado, Connecticut and Virginia residents each respectively have the right to receive certain disclosures regarding a business’ processing of “Personal Data,” as defined under applicable state regulation, as well as certain rights with respect to our processing of such Personal Data. To the extent you are a resident of one of these states, and we collect Personal Data subject to the applicable law, the following applies.
- Right to Access: You have the right to confirm whether or not we are processing your Personal Data and to access such Personal Data.
- Right to Correction: You have the right to correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data, taking into account the nature of the Personal Data and the purposes of the processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to Deletion: You have the right to delete the Personal Data provided to us by you (subject to the limitations described the second paragraph of this Statement).
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to obtain a copy of the Personal Data that you previously provided to us in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format that allows you to transmit your Personal Data to another controller without hindrance, where the processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sale, Targeted Advertising, and Profiling: For purposes of the applicable regulation, a “sale” includes disclosing Personal Data to a third party in exchange for monetary compensation or other valuable consideration. We do not “sell” Personal Information under this definition. You have the right to opt out of the processing of your Personal Data by us for decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
- Right to Appeal: If we decline to take action regarding your request, you have the right to appeal. We will notify you providing our reasons and instructions for how you can appeal the decision. You have the right to contact your state’s Attorney General if you have concerns about the result of the appeal.
If any of the rights described in the sections above apply to you, you may make a request by contacting us at [email protected] or mail us at: 117 E Green Bay St, Shawano, WI 54166. Please indicate that you are making a request pursuant to your “Colorado Privacy Rights”, “Connecticut Privacy Rights”, or “Virginia Privacy Rights” as applicable, and provide us with the following information: (1) first and last name; (2) email address; and (3) zip code. We will take steps to verify your request by matching the information provided by you with the information we have in our records.
Changes to this Notice
We may change or update this Statement notice from time to time. When we do, we will post the revised Statement notice on this page with a new “Last Updated” date.